Graphic design, also known as communication design, is the art and practice of planning and projecting ideas and experiences with visual and textual content. The form of the communication can be physical or virtual, and may include images, words, or graphic forms. The experience can take place in an instant or over a long period of time. The work can happen at any scale, from the design of a single postage stamp to a national postal signage system, or from a company’s digital avatar to the sprawling and interlinked digital and physical content of an international newspaper. It can also be for any purpose, whether commercial, educational, cultural, or political.
Design that’s meant to be experienced in an instant is the easiest to recognize and has been around the longest. For over a hundred years, designers have arranged type, form, and image on posters, advertisements, packages, and other printed matter, as well as information visualizations and graphics for newspapers and magazines. Motion graphics are equally predetermined and crafted, but are meant to be experienced over a fixed time span, such as for the opening credits of a movie or an online video meant to accompany a newspaper article.
A graphic designer is a visual communicator, someone who creates visual concepts by hand or by using computer software. They communicate ideas to inspire, inform, or captivate consumers.
Graphic designers help to make an organization recognizable by using a variety of mediums to communicate a particular idea or identity to be used in advertising and promotions. Examples are fonts, shapes, colours, images, print design, photography, animation, logos, and billboards. They also collaborate with artists, multimedia animators, and other creative people on many of their projects.
At WebCodez Infoway, we specialize in creating affordable custom business logo designs for start-ups to established organizations. Our corporate logo designing process has been strategically developed to produce highly appealing business logo designs that will give your business instant recognition.
- Meet with clients or the art director to determine the scope of a project
- Use digital illustration, photo-editing software, and layout software to create designs
- Create visual elements such as logos, original images, and illustrations that help deliver a desired message
- Design layouts and select colors, images, and typefaces to use
- Present design concepts to clients or art directors
- Incorporate changes recommended by clients or art directors into final designs
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them